BRS provides legal advice to some of the largest software, media and telecommunications companies in Europe and the United States with respect to their legal and business affairs in Thailand. Our expert TMT lawyers specialize in advising both users and suppliers of telecommunications and information technology, and are regularly engaged to advise on and assist with regulatory issues such as cross-border data privacy and protection, telecom licensing frameworks, and corporate structuring for foreign investors in the Thai telecommunication and media sectors.
BRS’s TMT department has established itself as a sector leader in Thailand, and our partner John P. Formichella is a reference point for domestic and overseas businesses seeking ways of entering Thailand’s digital and emerging technologies space.
Our TMT attorneys serve interests across all industries with respect to IT and telecom matters, and our legal expertise includes but is not limited to:
- Cloud services
- data centre outsourcing
- data privacy and protection (cyber security, network management and security, data breach response, etc.)
- drafting and negotiating enterprise consumer and service level agreements
- e-business, web and mobile solutions (online contracting, e-payment services, e-signatures, Public Key Infrastructures, etc.)
- e-commerce licensing and broadcasting issues (including privacy rights and defamation)
- ERP implementations
- infrastructure and business process outsourcings
- international data transfers and Safe Harbor compliance
- IT services contracts, management and security
- regulatory compliance for telecommunications operators
- software development projects (including licensing, implementation and maintenance)
- systems integrations
- technology development and licensing projects
- telecommunication procurements
- web hosting and network arrangements
BRS’s media and information technology lawyers have worked in senior positions with publicly-listed (NASDAQ and NYSE) telecommunications and engineering companies and are well-versed in drafting and negotiating definitive agreements with technology, media and telecommunications experts on behalf of large business enterprises. Our TMT lawyers are frequently sought out for advice in non-commercial settings regarding telecommunications law. For example, we were called upon to advise on telecommunications issues within free trade agreement negotiations between the United States and Thailand, and provided testimony to sitting members of the United States Senate in this regard. We have provided written surveys of telecommunications and broadcasting law in Thailand to various publications for dissemination within professional journals, and serve a variety of roles related to TMT issues for different chambers of commerce in Thailand.
Our seasoned legal advisors understand the unique business challenges that Thai corporations face. Convergence continues to drive technology, media and entertainment M&A to new heights in Thailand, and our TMT attorneys are routinely consulted about how best to prepare for it. We regularly advise on how to navigate the relevant regulatory frameworks, how to manage the conflicting issues that convergence brings about, and—not least—how Thai companies can gain competitive edge.